Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman

I have a secret. You may think I'm an awful mother for what I am about to reveal, but here goes; I throw away 99.9% of the artwork my kids make. I know, I'm awful, but what can I say, I have zero sentimentality. I may keep a picture or two on the fridge for a few days, but then they quietly get snuck into the garbage can one night after the kids have gone to bed. And you know what, the kids could care less. They never notice that it's gone either. On the rare occasion that one of them has asked me about a picture I just tell them that I put it in the "special place" that I keep all my favorite artwork.

And then there's that .1% that I do, on occasion find that I just can't part with. This is a picture that Petie drew the other week, and I just loved it. I was so impressed that I could tell exactly what he was trying to draw. It may not be impressive to the rest of you, but for me, this one is a keeper.



1 comment:

  1. I think this picture is awesome ! I had a box full of my boys old drawings (i saved the best).. I took each boys drawings and made them into a book for each one ... they loved it !

    ReplyDelete