Thursday, November 4, 2010

Comic Book Writers In The Making


Our kids don't eat fast food very often, and when they do, we usually try to avoid the "happy meal" thing. However, last week I wasn't feeling very well, so The Professor stopped by my favorite chicken serving fast food restaurant and picked up dinner. The item that came in these particular kid's meals was a comic book. I'll be honest here, I've never understood the whole comic book thing. I don't get them, don't find them the least bit entertaining. I graduated from the whole picture book thing in elementary school, but to each his own. Maybe I'll have to get my comic obsessed brother to explain the whole phenomena to me someday. So where am I going with all this? Well, needless to say, my kids loved them and immediately wanted to make their own comic book. We helped them come up with a story line and figure out what pictures needed to be drawn to portray the story. We had to do the drawing for them, but almost all the rest of the creativity was theirs. Here is the result of mine and Patty's collaboration.



I know, before you say anything, I am aware there is already an Ant Bully. Patty was adamant that this be the name of her villain. He is apparently no relation to the Ant Bully in the movies. This was so much fun to do with the kids and I learned that it's not as easy as it would seem to just sit down and crank out a comic book. One thing that did help though was these printables. Petie's isn't finished yet (it's the whole coloring issue) and honestly, like many things he starts, it probably never will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment