Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids In Church



Thank the Lord for nursery workers. I don't know about you, but I would get absolutely nothing out of the sermon if I had to keep a baby or toddler quiet while trying to listen to the preacher. I know there are people out there who feel their children should be in the service from the first time they ever come to church - I'm just not one of them. But alas, there comes a day when they are just too old to be in the nursery any longer. In our church it's when they turn four. At this time, the kids are in "big church", as we call it, for the Sunday Evening service. We allow them a few coloring books and crayons to use during the preaching portion of the service. They must participate in all the opening things like singing, shaking hands, prayer etc., but when Pastor gets up to preach they can quietly draw or color. Now that Patty is a little older I have been looking for ways to get her more involved in the sermon. That's why I was so excited recently when I came across this.
I don't make her do this, but I have given her one every week since I found it and she loves doing it. She's always so proud at the end of the service to show me what she drew from the sermon. A big thank you to Larissa Holland for making these available. You can print out a copy HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment