Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3D Airplane Art

Last year I came across this beautiful 3D butterfly art, by Ali Edwards.


We're going to be painting and redecorating the girls room this summer, and this is one of the projects I was planning on including in the room. We have however recently finished decorating the boys room with a transportation theme, so when I was at the craft store the other day and spotted this punch on clearance, I snatched it up.


I used that punch to make this art for Petie's room.


I just love how it turned out! The only thing I wish I had done differently was to stack the foam dot's two high to make them stand off the paper even more (which is what the tutorial I followed said to do, I just missed that part - oops!). Overall though I'm very pleased with the result.

I followed this tutorial done by Jen at Tatertots & Jello.
Don't you just LOVE what she did with this idea for halloween? With the plethora of punches available out there, the possibilities for this project seem endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment